New revamping rewinder in USA
Pubblicata il giorno 22 julio 2016
The revamping of the rewinder Tissue plant in Wisconsin (USA) for AMD (Associated Machine Design) has been successfully completed. The makeover included the installation of a new sectional with a AFE Rockwell regenerative unit and a 755 Power Flex Drive. The revamping has created an increase in production performance and safety. In fact, the supply also included a new PLC panel with GuardLogix CPU to control the new safety devices installed. Following the delivery of the panels in March, the plant has been started by SADAS technicians who then trained the local operators.
Technical details of the system:
- Paper Grade: Tissue (2-ply & 1-ply);
- Basis Weight on Reel: 9 – 12 lb;
- Max Paper Width at Unwind: 144”;
- Maximum Design Speed: 4.500 FPM;
- Maximum Unwind Diameter: 100”;
- Maximum Windup Roll Diameter (Future): 84”;
- Rewind Core ID: 3” and 5”;
- Number of Slitters: 6”;
- Minimum Slitting Width: 6”;
- Nominal Voltage: 480VAC;
- Installed Power: 1350 HP (1000 kW).