Revamping at Mondialcarta paper mill
Pubblicata il giorno 27 Март 2017
Earlier this year SADAS has successfully completed a series of measures aimed at the modernization of power and control plants at the paper mill in Lucca Mondialcarta, including:
- Wastewater treatment plant;
- pulper fine line and vacuum pump;
Specifically SADAS supplied and installed:
- A new control panel for the sewage section, installation of a new Siemens S7-400 CPU, hardware upgrades and program conversion;
- new MCC for the pulper section and the vacuum pump, with the installation of new ACS880 Drive;
- revamping of the rewinder control panels.
The latter action is the renewal completion of the control, supervision and operation rewinder which began last year with the replacement of the two of he support rollers inverters, from ABB ABB DCS500 to DCS800.
Having only a few days available we replaced the old components with the new ones, re-wiring the whole I/O part while performing again the Commissioning on the rewinder, handing back the machine to its full working scheme in record time. Maintaining the I/0 position unchanged, thee old S5 remoting were replaced with new ET200 remoting and the old S5 CPU has been upgraded with a powerful S7-400 CPU Profinet.
The old DCS500 drives have been updated to the new DCS800 and in particular the cooperation with ABB has let us modify the unwinding control application customizing the control of the closed-loop pull (load cells connected directly to the drive).
Substantial changes and improvements were made to the electronic part of drives thanks to our intervention:
- enhanced emergency braking, ensuring a faster shutdown and resulting in less paper waste;
- improving the acceleration and deceleration times, halved compared to the past, ensuring increased production due to improved pulling control;
- total machine control, instant diagnostics of lock condition and consultation of the wiring diagram of the entire line directly from the panel with the input and output live state.
SADAS has entirely taken care of each step, including:
- electrical design;
- software conversion and and DCS integration in the machine;
- electrical installation, machine wiring;
- commissioning start-up and training for the new plants.
Application: Test Liner
Total installed power: 900 kW
Width (rewinder): 2750 mm
Machine speed (rewinder): 2000 mpm
Start of construction: 12/23/2016
Companies Involved : SADAS, SIS and SPS